Dermal fillers are used to plump thinning lips, fill in shallow areas of the face, fill in scars (even acne scars), and decrease wrinkles, among other benefits. It should be noted that dermal fillers are not the same as facelifts. It is a minimally invasive non-surgical procedure that is quick, painless, and beneficial to adults of all ages.
There are several types of dermal fillers available at the Holistic Aesthetics NY Med Spa , such as:
Bio Filler (PRF) Plasma
Bio-PRF is a 100% natural and autologous three-dimensional fibrin scaffold derived from peripheral blood. Following effective centrifugation, platelets and leukocytes are accumulated within the upper PRF layer. Used for Facial Aesthetics indications, this treatment protocol is known to enhance your beauty from within.
Benefits of Bio Filler (PRF)
• Rejuvenates the skin and encourages the production of collagen
• Removes fine wrinkles and tightens loose skin
• Minimally invasive
• Downtime of less than 24 hours
• Treats acne scarring
• Improves skin texture and tone
• No chemicals or additives
The Bio-Filler protocol has resulted in positive outcomes and has proven to induce collagen synthesis when implanted within the superficial layers of skin and the dermis.
DERMA FILLERS is one of the leading collections of fillers. Each one adds volume and is designed for different needs in various areas of the face, cheeks, chin, and lip and is also known as one of the best smoker line fillers.
The Derma Fillers range of products are designed to meet specific needs depending on the area of the face being treated and the increase in the volume required.
How does DERMA FILLERS work?
Derma Fillers products are a smooth consistency gel, compared to some hyaluronic gel products with a granular consistency, developed using the Hylacross technology to allow a smoother, malleable gel. Derma Fillers products also contain the local anesthetic lidocaine for a more comfortable injection as this numbs the treatment area within seconds.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in the body.
- Hyaluronic acid works by holding in water at the injection site and acting as a cushioning agent.
- Used for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss and for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile.
- Used for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. It adds temporary volume and a smoother appearance to skin.
- Used for the correction of periorbital lines, and for injection into the undereyes hollows to improve the appearance of dark circles.
How long does the effect last?
Derma Fillers is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid dermal fillers used to provide 9 months to one year of correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth). Products contain more highly cross-linked formulations for volumizing and correction of deeper folds and wrinkles. Most patients need more than one treatment to achieve optimal results.
Botulinum Toxin for wrinkles is a good and safe medicine to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. Botulinum Toxin is used for several disorders in the field of medicine, particularly in dermatology, for cosmetic purposes.
Botulinum Toxin – What Is It?
Botulinum Toxin is a neurotoxin generated from Clostridium botulinum. Botulinum toxin injections are used for improving the appearance of wrinkles on the face, including:
- Vertical or frown lines between the eyebrows
- Forehead (worry lines)
- Crow’s Feet
- Bunny lines on the nose
- Creases around the lips/corners of the mouth
How Does Botulinum Toxin for Wrinkles Work?
Once injected into the muscle, it blocks the signals from the nerves that go to the muscles. Hence, when the nerve impulse no longer reaches the muscle, it prevents the muscle from contracting or tightening. This further causes the muscles to relax and weaken. It softens the overlying skin and causes the wrinkles to disappear. When the wrinkles soften, it gives you smoother and youthful skin.
The procedure is relatively straightforward and quick. It doesn’t require anesthesia. Our qualified medical professional uses a small-sized needle to inject Botulinum Toxin into the targeted muscles of the face. The procedure is pain-free with only minor discomfort.
It takes roughly five minutes to complete the procedure. However, the timeframe can vary depending on:
- The number of injections administered
- The size of the targeted area
- The specific muscle strength
Botulinum Toxin can significantly reduce the appearance of moderate to severe or dynamic wrinkles that appear when you smile or make a face.